We are searching data for your request:
Upon completion, a link will appear to access the found materials.
- Dish type
- Salad dressing
This vinaigrette is pretty zingy - the fresh garlic is spicy and the lemon is tart. Make a salad of delicate lettuces with orange and grapefruit segments, or try it on fresh tomato and avocado chunks.
Ayrshire, Scotland, UK
5 people made this
- 120ml extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 2 or 3 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 teaspoon runny honey
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- salt and ground black pepper
MethodPrep:5min ›Extra time:20min resting › Ready in:25min
- Whisk together the olive oil, vinegar, lemon juice, Dijon mustard, garlic, honey and dried thyme. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Let stand for 20 minutes before using.
Reviews & ratingsAverage global rating:(1)
Reviews in English (1)
Simple and delicious! Mixed all in a jar...worked perfectly and was a nice change on our salads tonight. Thanks for sharing.-03 Feb 2015
- Serving Size: 1 (24.1 g)
- Calories 23.2
- Total Fat - 2.3 g
- Saturated Fat - 0.3 g
- Cholesterol - 0 mg
- Sodium - 349 mg
- Total Carbohydrate - 0.5 g
- Dietary Fiber - 0.1 g
- Sugars - 0.1 g
- Protein - 0.2 g
- Calcium - 5 mg
- Iron - 0.1 mg
- Vitamin C - 1.3 mg
- Thiamin - 0 mg
Combine all of the ingredients in a jar with a tight-fitting lid. Cover and shake well. Refrigerate overnight to allow the full flavor of the basil, lemon zest, garlic, and oregano to develop. Shake again before serving.
Macaroni Grill Roasted Garlic Lemon Vinaigrette
This salad dressing combines roasted garlic and light lemon juice to create the perfect flavor for an Italian salad. Top your favorite greens or veggies with this restaurant copycat dressing from Macaroni Grill.
- 1 / 4 cup red wine vinegar
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 1 / 2 tablespoon salt
- 1 / 2 ounce roasted garlic
- 3 / 4 cup olive oil
- 1 / 2 lemon, juiced
- Place vinegar, honey, salt and roasted garlic in a food processor. Puree until garlic is chopped very fine.
- With the food processor still running, add olive oil and lemon juice. Refrigerate until ready to use.
Free recipes, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Thank you for signing up!
We were unable to sign you up - please try again.
Tags / Related Topics
Your Recently Viewed Recipes
Images from other cooks
Thanks for your comment. Don't forget to share!
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
Recipe of the Day
Wife Saver Casserolevideocam
This Wife Saver Casserole is given it's name for a few different reasons. This is a delicious, quick, and easy casserole that is&hellip See more Continue reading: "Wife Saver Casserolevideocam"
My Recipe Box (0) View »
Something worth saving?
Connect With Us
Our Newest Recipes & Articles
Prime Publishing Food Group
© Copyright 2021 Prime Publishing, LLC. All rights reserved.
Sign In to Your Account
Sign In With One Of Your Social Accounts
Sign in using email and password
Forgot Your Password?
Images from other cooks
Share Your Images
Help others by adding images to this recipe. It's easy! Click here to start
Please sign into your account to add new images.
There are currently no images from other cooks.
Terms & Conditions
You must enter into this Agreement if you want to submit digital images or other content to Prime Publishing through Sharing Customer Images (the "Service"). As used in this Agreement, "we" or "Prime Publishing" means Prime Publishing, LLC. and "you" means the individual or entity submitting materials to Prime Publishing. Any individual or entity that wants to use the Service must accept the terms of this Agreement without change. BY CLICKING THE ACCEPT TERMS AND CONDITIONS BUTTON, YOU AGREE TO BE BOUND BY ALL TERMS OF THIS AGREEMENT AND ALL SPECIFICATIONS AND GUIDELINES INCORPORATED BY REFERENCE.
1) Eligibility. You may only submit Materials to the Service for which you hold all intellectual property rights. In other words, if you submit a digital image to us, you must own all rights to such image or you must have the authorization of the person who does own those rights. The Service is limited to parties that lawfully can enter into and form contracts under applicable law. Minors may not submit Materials to the Service. Further, you may not submit any personally identifiable information about any child under the age of 13.
2) Definitions. As used in this Agreement, (a) "Affiliates" means any entity controlled by, in control of, or under common control with Prime Publishing, (b) "Materials" means all content that you submit to Prime Publishing, including all photographs, illustrations, graphics and text, and (c) "Media" means any means of conveying information, whether now known or hereafter devised.
3) License Grant for Materials. You hereby grant to Prime Publishing and its Affiliates a worldwide, nonexclusive, royalty-free, perpetual right and license to (a) reproduce, distribute, transmit, publicly perform and publicly display the Materials, in whole or in part, in any manner and Media, (b) modify, adapt, translate and create derivative works from the Materials, in whole or in part, in any manner and Media, and (c) sublicense the foregoing rights, in whole or in part, to any third party, with or without a fee.
4) Removal of Materials. If you decide you would like to remove your Materials from the Service, you may provide written notice to Prime Publishing by either deleting the image through the Prime Publishing interface or by contacting Prime Publishing customer service, and Prime Publishing will remove such Materials from the Service within a reasonable period of time.
5) License for Name, Trademarks and Likenesses. You hereby grant to Prime Publishing, its Affiliates and sublicensees a nonexclusive, worldwide, royalty-free license to use all trademarks, trade names, and the names and likenesses of any individuals that appear in the Materials. You grant Prime Publishing, its Affiliates and sublicensees the right to use the name that you submit in connection with the Materials.
6) Specifications and Guidelines. You agree to submit Materials to us in accordance with all guidelines for use of the Service posted on the Prime Publishing web site or of which you are otherwise notified ("Guidelines"), as these Guidelines may be changed in the future.
7) Representations, Warranties and Indemnities. You represent and warrant to Prime Publishing and its Affiliates that (a) you have the right, power, and authority necessary to enter into this Agreement, to fully perform your obligations hereunder, and to grant the licenses set forth in Paragraphs 3 and 5 above, (b) you will comply fully with all terms of this Agreement, (c) the Materials submitted to Prime Publishing by you, and Prime Publishing's and its Affiliates' exercise of their rights hereunder, do not and will not violate, misappropriate or infringe any intellectual property right, including but not limited to trademark rights, copyrights, moral rights and publicity rights of any third party, (d) you possess all rights necessary for the reproduction, distribution, transmission, public performance, public display, and other exploitation of the Materials by Prime Publishing and its Affiliates as permitted hereunder, (e) the Materials are not pornographic, obscene, libelous, defamatory, tortious, or otherwise unlawful, and (f) all factual statements submitted by you are accurate and not misleading. You agree to indemnify, defend, and hold Prime Publishing and its Affiliates harmless from all claims, liabilities, damages, and expenses (including, without limitation, reasonable attorneys' fees and expenses) arising from your breach of any representation or warranty set forth in this paragraph.
8) Restrictions. You agree that you will not submit Materials that are unlawful, pornographic, libelous, defamatory, tortious, obscene, or racially, ethnically or otherwise objectionable, or that otherwise violate general Prime Publishing community standards. We expressly reserve the right to remove or not make available any Materials that we deem to be in violation of this Agreement, applicable laws or our community standards in our sole discretion. You agree that you will not upload, post, e-mail or otherwise transmit Materials to us or our Affiliates that contain software viruses or any other computer code, files, or programs designed to interrupt, destroy or limit the functionality of any computer software or hardware or telecommunications equipment.
9) No Obligation. Although we have the right to include your Materials in the Service or in any Media, we do not have the obligation to do so. We may, in our sole discretion and for any reason, refuse the Materials or remove them from our Service at any time.
10) Changes to Agreement. We reserve the right to change any of the terms of this Agreement or any Specifications or Guidelines governing the Service at any time in our sole discretion. All changes will be effective upon posting to the Service. However, for all changes to this Agreement, excluding Specifications and Guidelines, we will post a notice of change for thirty (30) days. You are responsible for reviewing the notice and any applicable changes. YOUR CONTINUED USE OF THIS SERVICE FOLLOWING OUR POSTING OF ANY CHANGES WILL CONSTITUTE YOUR ACCEPTANCE OF SUCH CHANGES.
11) Prime Publishing Intellectual Property. Without our prior written consent, you may not use our intellectual property, including, without limitation, our trademarks, trade names, trade dress, or copyrighted material, in any manner.
12) Communications. Prime Publishing and its Affiliates may communicate with you in connection with the Service, electronically and in other Media, and you consent to such communications regardless of any "Customer Communication Preferences" (or similar preferences or requests) you may have indicated on the web sites of Prime Publishing or its Affiliates or by any other means.
13) Waiver. PRIME PUBLISHING AND ITS AFFILIATES WILL NOT BE LIABLE FOR ANY INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES (INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO SUCH DAMAGES ARISING FROM BREACH OF CONTRACT OR WARRANTY OR FROM NEGLIGENCE OR STRICT LIABILITY) ARISING OUT OF OR IN CONNECTION WITH THIS AGREEMENT, EVEN IF WE HAVE BEEN ADVISED OF (OR KNEW OR SHOULD KNOWN OF) THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES.
14) Disclaimer. PRIME PUBLISHING PROVIDES THE SERVICE "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND.
15) Miscellaneous. This Agreement will be governed by the laws of the United States of America and the state of Washington, without reference to rules governing choice of laws. Any action relating to this Agreement must be brought in the federal or state courts located in Seattle, Washington, and you irrevocably consent to the jurisdiction of such courts. You may not assign this Agreement, by operation of law or otherwise, without our prior written consent. Subject to that restriction, this Agreement will be binding on, inure to, and be enforceable against the parties and their respective successors and permitted assigns. Our failure to enforce your strict performance of any provision of this Agreement will not constitute a waiver of our right to enforce such provision or any other provision of this Agreement subsequently. The Specifications and Guidelines (including all future changes) are incorporated by reference into this Agreement. This Agreement is in addition to, and does not supersede or modify, the terms and conditions of use of the web sites of Prime Publishing and its Affiliates.
Sharing Your Own Images
You! Anyone who is a registered and logged in user.
Please share images that will help other visitors. For example:
- Images that highlight a article's features ("Here are the controls on this music player", "See the clasp for this necklace", "Look at the box this came in")
- Images showing someone using a product ("Here I am wearing this scarf", "Install the ink cartridge here")
- Images related to a topic ("My dog Skipper", "A great outfit", "Our family at Yellowstone", "How to glue a chair using a cabinet clamp")
- Images that show how a product performs ("I took this picture with this camera", "This shirt shrunk in the wash", "The saw blade after 100 cuts")
- Images that give a sense of the size of the product ("This refrigerator is actually 6' tall", "A cellphone the size of a credit card")
Do include captions for your images. While not required, they provide context for your images. Additionally, you can use the Image Notes feature to highlight one or more interesting areas in your image. Everyone will see your notes when they roll over your image.
What shouldn't I share?
Behave as if you were a guest at a friend's dinner party: please treat the Prime Publishing community with respect. Do not share:
- Profane, obscene, or spiteful images, or any images with nudity
- Images to which you do not own the intellectual property rights
- Images featuring phone numbers, mail addresses, or URLs. You can watermark an image with copyright information.
- Images featuring availability, price, or alternative ordering/shipping information
- Images featuring external Web sites, contests, or other solicitations
- Any personal information about children under 13
- Images with automobile license plates that are prominent and easily read (pictures with license plates that have been fuzzed out or that otherwise cannot be read are acceptable).
The same guidelines apply to your captions and notes.
What image formats and sizes are supported?
We support JPEG, GIF and PNG images. Files must be no more than 1MB. Both the image height and the image width must be between 60 and 3500 pixels.
Instead of uploading an image, can I just enter a link to an image?
No, all images must be uploaded to Prime Publishing. This ensures your image is always available.
How long does it take to upload an image?
The time varies depending on the speed of your Internet connection and the size of the image file. For a 400KB image, for example, you should expect 2 to 4 minutes over a 56KB modem and under 1 minute for DSL or cable modem.
Where will my image appear?
Generally your image will appear where you uploaded it: in the article image gallery.
Who owns the images I upload?
The rights owner of the image continues to own the image uploading your image to Prime Publishing does not transfer ownership.
Ina Garten's Favorite Vinaigrette Recipe
As any home cook knows, the easiest way to bungle an otherwise tasty salad is to ladle on a bland, too-oily, overpowering, or otherwise flavor-sapping vinaigrette.
Thankfully, Ina Garten has the perfect recipe to make any salad wow all those who gather around the table: Her four-ingredient lemon vinaigrette. Recently, the Barefoot Contessa was kind enough to demo the easy salad dressing on instagram and we can&apost wait to add it to our own kitchen repertoire.
"People think vinaigrettes are really hard to make and it&aposs so easy. My favorite vinaigrette is lemon vinaigrette and it&aposs four ingredients," Garten begins before walking us through the process. In the caption section of her post, she breaks down the simple recipe for her fans: "Combine 1/4 cup freshly squeezed lemon juice, 1/2 cup good olive oil, 1 teaspoon kosher salt and 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper in a small glass measuring cup and whisk until combined." Our takeaway? This vinaigrette is such a cinch to pull together and it sure beats store-bought, too.
In the video, Garten also shares that if she&aposs making a salad in advance, she pours the dressing straight into a big salad bowl, adds her salad greens and then right before serving she mixes it all together (if you dress prematurely, your lettuce will become soggy).
WATCH: Ina Garten Reveals the Only Fast Food She&aposll Eat — &aposIt Was Julia Child&aposs Favorite Too&apos
On a Barefoot Contessa kick? Her new book, Cook Like a Pro: Recipes and Tips for Home Cooks debuts on October 23rd, 2018.
How to Make
Much like when making any other homemade salad dressings, you&rsquoll want to blend all of your ingredients until smooth and well combined. Here are my recommendations from best to worst options:
- Blender &ndash My favorite way is in our NutriBullet. It&rsquos small, easy to clean, and emulsifies the dressings nicely. You can also use a Vitamix.
- Food processor &ndash A mini-prep food processor works great when blending fresh herbs or larger ingredients.
- Jar with a Lid &ndash While simply shaking your ingredients together in a jar will not completely emulsify your salad dressing, it does get the job done and eliminates something additional to clean.
- Bowl with a Whisk &ndash This would be the last resort. It takes additional time and the mixture will separate unless whisked constantly for a few minutes.
Pro Tip: Finely chop the fresh herbs before blending or whisking into the salad dressing. Even a blender or a food processor don&rsquot always do the best job at chopping the herbs into small pieces.
Lemon Garlic Vinaigrette
Healthy, light, lemon garlic vinaigrette recipe. Pairs well with green salads and Mediterranean dishes.
- Author: Kathleen
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Total Time: 10 minutes
- Yield: 6 servings 1 x
1/2 cup olive oil
3 tablespoon freshly-squeezed lemon juice
3 tablespoon red wine vinegar
2 teaspoons minced garlic
1 teaspoon dried oregano
1/2 teaspoon sugar
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon black pepper
Lemon garlic vinaigrette will stay fresh in a sealed container in the fridge for up to 2 weeks.
Keywords: healthy, Mediterranean, salad dressing, vinaigrette, lemon, garlic
Did you make this recipe?
Share a photo and tag us — we can’t wait to see what you’ve made!
Leave a Reply Cancel reply
This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.
Garlic Vinaigrette Salad Dressing
Pssst! Wanna hear a secret? Homemade salad dressings are way better than store bought. This garlic vinaigrette with dill and Dijon will have you ditching the dressing aisle and opting for the whisk. Try it with romaine, tomatoes, and avocado!
Whisk garlic, oil, lemon zest, lemon juice, and honey in a large bowl season vinaigrette with salt and pepper.
Add collard greens and turnip greens to vinaigrette and toss to coat. Add half of cranberries, season with salt and pepper, and toss again to combine.
Top salad with remaining cranberries just before serving.
How would you rate Hardy Greens with Lemon-Garlic Vinaigrette?
Recipes you want to make. Cooking advice that works. Restaurant recommendations you trust.
Frequently Asked Questions
You can refrigerate the dressing for up to a week.
Yes! I love keeping this Lemon Vinaigrette in the Summer in my fridge. It’s very versatile and you can use it in s many dishes and quick salads.
I would highly suggest to use some type of sweetener in this vinaigrette, as it helps to balance the flavors. If you don’t have maple syrup you can use some honey or even regular granulated sugar.
Yes! Don’t try to use pre-packaged lemon juice, it won’t taste the same.
Did you make this recipe. I’d love to know how it turned out! leave a comment and a rating below👇 thank you!