- Main Ingredients Chicken
1. For the broth, chicken thighs (or pork ribs) pour cold water, add garlic, onion, black pepper and peas. Boil until boiling, remove the foam when it appears. Boil the broth for 30-40 minutes from the moment of boiling.
2. Cut carrots into strips, fry for 1 tbsp. vegetable oil.
3. Dice potatoes. Pour in cold water so that it does not darken while the broth is cooked.
4. Finely chop the sorrel and nettle. To prevent stinging nettle, wear gloves or pour boiling water over it.
5. Remove the prepared meat from the broth, and also remove onions, garlic and pepper. Free the meat from the bone, cut into portions.
6. Potatoes and meat sent to the broth. Cook until soft potatoes.
7. Send to the borscht a fry of carrots and bay leaf. Cook for 5-10 minutes.
8. Add greens, boil for 1 minute, turn off and let the green borscht brew for 30 minutes before serving.
9. Serve with chopped boiled egg, you can add sour cream. Green borsch should be slightly acidic, if the sorrel is young and not very acidic, then you can add a little lemon juice if desired.