We are searching data for your request:
Forums and discussions:
Manuals and reference books:
Data from registers:
Upon completion, a link will appear to access the found materials.
- Dish type
- Pies and tarts
- Puff pastry
Ready in 30 minutes, these French apple turnovers are called chaussons or 'booties', like wee pastry 'boots' filled with fresh fruit sweetness.
1 person made this
IngredientsMakes: 8 turnovers
- 400g puff pastry
- 4 Granny Smith apples - cored, peeled and sliced
- 4 tablespoons apricot jam
- 1 egg yolk, for glazing the pastry
MethodPrep:15min ›Cook:15min ›Ready in:30min
- Roll out puff pastry and cut out eight rectangle-shaped pieces.
- Place apples in a microwave-safe bowl and cook on maximum power in microwave for 5 minutes (warning - bowl will be hot!). Mash apples a bit with a fork, then add jam and mix well.
- Evenly distribute and spread apple mixture over half of each pastry rectangle, then fold other half over top and pinch sides together to seal well; brush pastries with egg yolk.
- Bake in preheated oven for 10 to 15 minutes - turnovers will be very hot when they first come out of the oven! Let cool and serve.